Saturday, June 6, 2015

Killer Cupcakes in the Valley




Cupcakes are the staple of being the ultimate “sweet treat” however with so many different places offering what they call the “best cupcake” it’s hard to know exactly who has the best cupcakes.  For me this was a challenge that I had to accept…I saw what to me seemed like the batman signal, the innocent towns people asking for my help and I listened.  I’m going to countdown the top ten cupcakes places in the valley, noting my favorite cupcake from each place! I hope you enjoy the cupcakes as much as I do!

1. Dreamy Creations *winner of "Cupcake Wars" (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Oreo or the Creme Brûlée 

Okay well the "winner of cupcake wars" title is enough in it self, but when I tell you this is possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten it would not be a joke. The cupcakes are so unique unlike anything I have ever tried! Although the location is so so the cupcakes are everything.  They also have a cupcake truck that frequents the Granada Hills food trucks!  For me to just say that these cupcakes are hands down perfection, isn't enough, you have to try them for yourself!




2. Big Sugar Bakeshop (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Coconut 

Oh my, this place is literally amazing their cupcakes are so good! The store and the atmosphere is in it self perfection, giving that local town vibe, while still being hip and trendy! As soon as you walk in its so cute there are a few tables to sit and eat inside or they can wrap them up for you to take home! Either way this place is a can't miss! They even have little mini cupcakes for a smaller treat!





3. Joan's on Third (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Vanilla with sprinkles 


This place is one of the first places that really got me into the cupcake scene, I was like 10 or so and went here for lunch.  My dad and I ordered the vanilla with sprinkles and bam I was hooked on cupcakes.  It was so good and the frosting was so fresh! 




4.  A Sweet Design (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Strawberry decorated cupcake 



This is the cutest little shop, its the quintessential cupcake store.  As soon as you walk in it is like a fantasy wonderland of cakes and colors! Love the atmosphere and of course the cupcakes are amazing.  They are pretty large, filling, and fabulous! 




5.  Buttercelli Bakeshop (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the gluten free chocolate cupcake

This bakeshop is real cool because it is organic, has vegan and gluten-free options which is very hard to find in cupcakes.  They offer real and non GMO's or fake sugars.  So basically this place is healthy for you...(cupcakes that are healthy? Ill take it)




6.  Cakes By Rumy (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Peanut Butter Chocolate


These sweet cupcakes are different while still being a classic staple.  I loved trying these cupcakes because it reminded me of when I would go to birthday parties, and everyone would get a cupcake.





7.  Bea's Bakery (map)

*My favorite thing from here although it is not a cupcake I would have to say would be the strawberry shortcake, which you can get individual slices. (its amazing!!)


My family and I come here for almost every birthday not only are the cupcakes tasty, but the cakes and cookies are delicious! As soon as you walk in the door the bakery smell hits you in the most glorious way possible!



8. Sprinkles (map)

*My favorite Cupcake is the Vanilla cream!
 I love sprinkles there are many other locations however this one is located right in Glendale at the Americana! There are nice sitting areas right there and it is a great place to people watch! I love grabbing my cupcake and plopping down to see on the people roaming about town!




9. La Creme Bakery (map)

*My Favorite Cupcake is German Chocolate

I'm a huge fan of this bakery it has unique cupcakes, that are outside of the box,while still keeping up the classics, like chocolate and vanilla just with a twist!




10. Yummy Cupcakes (map)

*My favorite cupcake is the Banana Cream pie cupcake!

As I find myself looking at the cupcake menu I can't help but to be excited and overwhelmed at the same time there are so many different kinds of cupcakes on the menu! There are all different kinds like Apple martini cupcakes and Banana nut! So many, so maybe go with a crowd of people and each get something different and have a taste test party!






**Well, after listing all my favorite cupcakes, I find myself craving a cupcake...crazy right! I hope you find yourself sitting enjoying a cupcake at one of these places or all these places! See you around the valley! Enjoy!

Madison Moore