Saturday, June 20, 2015

Best Pizza in the San Fernando Valley

I was going to say that with the warm months approaching, it's getting too hot to cook and it's fun to go out to eat but if I'm being honest, I really don't ever need an excuse to eat Pizza. Its warm, doughy crust with lots of gooey cheese topped with everything from meat, vegetables, herbs, eggs and fruit is one of those foods that almost everyone loves. And with the advent of the build your own pizza places, everyone has their favorite toppings and pizza places are getting more and more creative on the ingredients they use to top their pizza.  Here are some of my top pizza places in the San Fernando Valley- in no particular order.

1.  Pitfire Pizza (map) (website)

Wow, this place has a real chill atmosphere, you can dine outside close to a firepit with family and friends, or that special someone. The pizza menu is extensive,the crust is nice and crisp. I usually order the burrata pizza, grab an outdoor table and enjoy. Last time I was there, they had a live DJ. A total winner and a great time!

*Favorite pizza is the burrata pie, and the Margherita!
























2. Garden Cafe (map) (website) 

One of my absolute favorite places, I go there a few times a month. There is a small patio area with couches and tables, over head lights are strung to give it a festive feel. There is a wide menu which includes pasta dishes, however, I go for the pizza. The Prosciutto and Fig is unique and tasty,  its also a good choice if you want to go sauceless. Food is delicious and it is so much fun sitting outside under the lights giving it a cute cafe ambience.

*My favorite pizza is the Prosciutto and Fig


























3. Chi Chi's (map) (website)

My family and I have been coming here for years and we've had many family celebrations here.  The time flies but the taste of the pizza has stayed classic! It gives me such an old time feel inside, from the booths to the waiters and waitresses, many I know by name.  The pizza is of course amazing and the cheese is perfectly melted and gooey. I like my pizza - crisp, but not burnt and they do agood job with that.

*My favorite pizza is the cheese or the meatball pizza!
































4. Barone's (map) (website)

So, for those of you Angelinos who have been around the valley forever, you already know that this used to be the location of the German restaurant "The Matterhorn Chef at Old Heidelberg Restaurant." however it is now the location for Barone's a classic old time Italian restaurant that spent a many years on Ventura Blvd.  Classic Italian from the red booths to the square thin crust.  This is old school style and one of the Valley's oldest and best places for pizza. Straight up cheese is what everyone loves, but if you want something different try the shrimp pizza.

*My favorite pizza is the Shrimp pizza!
























5.  Casa De Pizza (map) (website)

This place opened in 1961 as a Family owned and operated Pizza restaurant, it is still family owned. It's located on San Fernando Road in Granada Hills - get a table in the Sinatra Room, order your type of pizza pie and enjoy.

*My favorite pizza is the Pizza Rustica or the Pizza Bianco
























6. The Pizza Cookery (map) (Website)

Well, as any pizza lover knows the crust is one of the most important things a pizza has to offer.  The crust at the Pizza Cookery is criminal its so good! Huge fan of the atmosphere and the family friendly environment!

*My favorite pizza is the cookery works pizza!






















7.   Vincenzo's Pizza (map) (website)

The different sizes that Vincenzo's offers is one of the perks I like most about this pizza place! You can get a little or a lot.  My first slice here was at a U8 soccer party - the pizza was very good and so was the atmosphere - especially when you are throwing a Pizza party for a bunch of kids!  There are usually video games at most of the Vincenzo's locations.  The crust is always crispy, but not burnt! Just how I like it.

*My favorite pizza is the Islander Pizza!











8. Nikki's Pizza (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the huge Cheese Pizza yes, it is plain, but its a classic and so good a cooked to utter perfection! With just the right amount of cheese! 



9. The Pizzeria Factory (map) (Website

*My favorite pizza is the "Favorite Factory Pizza" it has a boat load of items that are delicious. 




10.  Cutter's Pizza  (map) (website) 

*My favorite pizza is the the Swedish pizza and this place is know for their specialty pizzas like this one!


11. Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the BBQ pizza! (however it is build you're own) So have fun, go crazy, and make a yummy creation!



12. Mulberry Street Pizzeria (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the artichoke pizza! It is super yummy and a family friendly pizza place!



13. Uncle Tony's Pizzeria (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the White pizza! This place gives such a home feel, and brings me back to a little pizzeria I visited when I was in New Jersey!


14. Leaning Tower Pizza & Pasta (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the Pineapple and bacon!  I love the name and the pizza is pretty cool too!



15. Danielle's Wood Fired Pizza (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the Pepperoni pizza.  I am such a huge fan that the pizza is cooked in the wood fire style! It always taste amazing!! 



16. Angelino Pizzeria (map) (website)

*My favorite pizza is the meatball pizza! This place is super cute and the pizza is of course tasty! 



17.  Osteria Mozza (Map) (Website)

(BONUS) Technically this is not in the SFV, however it is one of my all time favorite pizza places so I have to list it. From the location to the inside everything is classy, fabulous, and I am utterly obsessed.  The pizza is light but filling and the inside is classic, but with that Melrose twist! I am the biggest fan and every chance I get down to the West Side, I try to get a reservation (even though they are usually packed)

*My favorite pizza is the Prosciutto pizza or the white pizza!



*How delicious do all these pizza places sound...? Amazing right!  I hope you enjoy all these pizza places, and I will see you around the Valley!