Friday, January 22, 2016

Top Coffee Shops of the SFV!

With El Nino and all of the rain we’ve been experiencing, I have found myself looking for new coffee shops every day! Because we have to go to work and be out and active instead of curling up under a blanket at home with a cup of coffee and a book or Netflix, I have compiled a list to make the rainy days more manageable and exciting! Even though I love rain more than anything, it definitely makes me crave (and need) a hot cup of coffee during the day! Check these SFV and LA places out—they will not disappoint!

1. M Street Coffee in Sherman Oaks. This shop serves delicious coffee and treats and is Instagram-worthy on so many levels. With a great location and look, adorable latte art, and a maple whipped cream, this place is perfect for every coffee shop lover.



2. SteamPunk Coffeebar +  Kitchen on Burbank Boulevard. SteamPunk takes it all with their charm. From their food, coffee, and local vibe, this place promotes art! Their tip jars are designed by an artist. They promote art on their walls. They hone in their charm by promoting local artists. PLEASE try the Mexican hot chocolate or vanilla latte. These drinks will take away any and every rainy day blues ;) 


3. Coffee Fix on Moorpark St, Studio City. I was drawn to this place because my favorite coffee shop in Ireland is called Fixx and have been looking for a place to make that nostalgia come alive! If you like to support local and not corporate coffee shops, check this place out! With the retro feel on the outside and the artisan feel on the inside, this place appeals to everyone! The espresso is smooth and the latte is creamy. This place does not disappoint. Support local and head to Coffee Fix. 


4. Simply Coffee and Boutique in Burbank. In the busy streets of Burbank, it was nice to find such a cozy, welcoming, simple coffee shop. I bumped into this place by accident but found myself needing a cup of coffee and wifi. The atmosphere is warm and the environment is cozy. The coffee is great and the shop is home to the friendliest employees! They offer beverages that shy away from the traditional. This place is charming. And serves delicious coffee. Check it out. 



5. Steeple House Coffee in Sun Valley. Steeple House is at Grace Community Church, but you don’t need to attend the church to visit the coffee shop. The employees are SO friendly and the coffee is addicting. There’s tons of parking at the church. This place is a hidden gem, but once you find it, you won’t want to leave. It’s pretty mellow and a perfect place to read a book or have a quiet conversation with friends! There are lots of tables inside and outside and the environment is happy and friendly. It won’t disappoint. Check it out! 


If you don’t mind a bit of a commute, check out these two:

6. Honu Coffee in Santa Clarita. This is my absolute favorite spot. I may be biased because I’m a Santa Clarita native, but it’s definitely my favorite spot. I find myself craving their iced almond milk lattes every single day. From the tile floor to the upstairs loft seating, this place is adorable. The coffee is delicious. The employees are so friendly. When I ask people what they think of Honu, they just respond “it’s freaking good.” Support local and visit Honu. Because it’s just that GOOD. It can speak for itself.


7. Alfred’s on Melrose. This is the most Instagram-worthy place I’ve ever walked into. The coffee was SO GOOD—they serve Stumptown Coffee, which originated in Portland, so you already know the quality is there and it’s perfect for a rainy day. The cross beam above the sugar table and under the stairs reads: “This morning, with her, having coffee” Johnny Cash, when asked for his description of paradise. First off, who doesn’t like Johnny Cash?! Second off, the store sells coffee mugs that say: “but first, coffee.” This is the best coffee place I’ve ever been to! (And I did a coffee shop tour in Seattle). GO TO ALFRED’S. If you need even more incentive, Justin Bieber was there an hour before I was… and Kendall Jenner was there the day before.




Going to school up in the Bay area, you become spoiled in the coffee department. San Francisco is home to some incredible coffee shops. I’ve been searching for the same caliber down here in Los Angeles, and I have not been disappointed. There are some really charming and delicious spots. I hope you enjoy these ones!